Tuesday, October 1, 2013

No Coughing, Sneezing or Farting in Aircraft Cabins Please!

Quite an interesting weekend I've had.
I had to travel and I decided to use Aerocontractors, naturally, because they are the only airline in my opinion that gives a minimum of wahala.
So I boarded the outward flight, we got airborne and everything was peachy until this dude sitting behind started to cough. Now this was not just some ordinary cough, this was some TB-grade Sh*t and the guy just kept at it for the better part of 40 minutes without bothering to cover his mouth. if you ask me, I'd say he was intentionally trying to infect everyone with whatever kind of cough he had.
I couldn't ask him to stop coughing so I settled in and tried to ignore him. No way, dude increased the tempo. Haba Oga! Why such 'evils'?
I remember thinking at one point that God will most surely reprimand all the wicked people who fart in pressurized cabins or disburse exotic germs via coughing or prolonged sneezing.

Flight over, fast forward to a couple of days later...I've got a bad cough and a runny nose. Oga see what you did? Hope you're proud of your handwork.

I then got on the return flight (Aero again) and straight away I knew there was a problem. The pressure in the cabin was crazy and it just kept increasing (at least that's how it seemed to me).
At the end of the flight, I had a bad headache, my left ear hurt like hell and I couldn't hear well.

Now the weekend's over and all I've got to show for my adventure is an annoying cough and partial hearing in one ear. Way to go.

No comments: