Thursday, February 28, 2008

A shout out to Naija bloggers

I got a little scare during the week. My computer got infected with some exotic viruses (when I say exotic, I really mean it). I see viruses all the time, but this wasn't the usual brontok scare. It's crazy what viruses can do, and how powerful some of them are.
Some guy popped his flash drive into my laptop, used it to work, and left the thing still plugged in. It turned out that the flash drive was REALLY infected, and by the time I got back, my computer was like a virus zoo. I've got a good antivirus program (NOD32), and by all standards, it's as good as all the big names. This time though, before I could complete a system scan, the worm disabled the antivirus program and took over the system. Luckily I was able to restore the computer to an earlier date, and everything went back to normal. Funny that this should be happening to me, I felt I was pretty good at the whole computer security thing.

On the blogging scene, I've come across some really interesting Nigerian blogs of late, and they're impressive. It's really amazing how blogging has caught on in this country. There are some blogs of note, like Naija Fine Boy, Linda Ikeji, Catwalq (nice style), Funmi Iyanda's Blog, Calabar Gal, and the craziest of them all; Ubong Da. There are other Nigerian blogs, but then, I just can't list them all. Ubong Da's blog is really interesting, pity the guy just doesn't want to update anymore. Some of these guys are so consistent, they make me feel lazy. I don't know where they get the energy to post almost every day from.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guy i bow for you oh! You mean http://naijafootballfans.blogspot.com isn't good enough for you? You must be high of some cheap drugs.

Anonymous said...

@emanuel
Don't get upset. He already stated that he did not list everybody. Mine wasn't there either. So cheer up. I guess we will be included next time ;-)
NaijaEcash

NaijaBabe said...

Ohhh Im loving that blog picture!